The main objective of ERCIM is to contribute to a leading role of Europe in ICT:
- by building a European-wide, open network of centres of excellence in ICT;
- by excelling in research and by acting as a bridge to applications;
- by being internationally recognized as a major representative organisation in its field;
- by acting as an interface for the non-EU member institutions within the European Community and other international organisations;
- by cooperating with other international organisations in its field;
- by promoting cooperation in research, technology transfer, innovation and training.
Thus creating added value for its members, for their countries and for Europe.
For a general presentation of ERCIM, see the ERCIM presentation slides