- All applicants for admission as a Member shall address a request in written or electronic form to the President.
- The decision on admission of new Members is made by the General Assembly of the Association, in accordance with the procedure defined in the Bylaws, and notified in writing by the Secretary to the applicant.
- The General Assembly shall not have to explain its decision to the applicant.
- Admission becomes effective upon payment of the appropriate Membership fee in each year of Membership.
- Institute of information science and technologies "Alessandro Faedo" (ISTI)
- Institute for informatics and telematics (IIT)
- Institute for applied mathematics and information technologies (IMATI)
- Institute for system analysis and computer science "Antonio Ruberti" (IASI)
- Institute for high performance computing and networking (ICAR)
- Institute for electromagnetic sensing of the environment (IREA)
- Institute of Electronics, Computer and Telecommunication Engineering (IEIIT)
- Institute of cognitive sciences and technologies (ISTC)
- Academy of Sciences - Institute of Computer Science
- Academy of Sciences - Institute of Information Theory and Automation (UTIA)
- Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
- Masaryk University Faculty of Informatics and Institute of Computer Science
- Luxembourg Institute of Technology
- University of Luxembourg
- CRP Santé
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Applied and Integrated Security (AISEC)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Embedded Systems and Communication Technologies (ESK)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT)
- Fraunhofer-Institut for Communication, Information Processing and Ergonomics (FKIE)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Open Communication Systems (FOKUS)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Intelligent Analysis and Information Systems (IAIS)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Industrial Engineering (IAO)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Experimental Software Engineering (IESE)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Digital Media Technology (IDMT)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Computer Graphics Research (IGD)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Integrated Circuits (IIS)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Optronics, System Technologies and Image Exploitation (IOSB)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Software- and Systems Engineering (ISST)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Industrial Mathematics (ITWM)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Transportation and Infrastructure Systems (IVI)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Medical Image Computing (MEVIS)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Secure Information Technology (SIT)
- Univ. Politécnica de Madrid
- Artificial Intelligence Research Institute
- Univ. Politécnica de Valencia
- Univ. Rey Juan Carlos
- University of Málaga
- Univ. Politècnica de Catalunya
- IMDEA Software Institute
- CITIC - University of Granada
After having successfully grown to become the most recognized ICT Society in Europe, acting as a hub to national ICT research via a national representative member, ERCIM has opened membership to allow multiple members per country. Following requests during the last years, it will now be possible for a small number of excellent research institutions in ICST per country to become members of ERCIM and participate in ERCIM activities directly rather than via a national intermediary.
How to apply for ERCIM membership
Prospective members must be outstanding research institutions (including universities) within their country and recognised internationally. Membership applications will be reviewed by an internal board and may include an on-site visit. Membership is renewable as long as the criteria for excellence in research and active participation in the ERCIM community, cooperating for excellence, are met.
Benefit of ERCIM membership
ERCIM is a European-wide network internationally recognized as a representative organisation in its field. Members can benefit from easy access to all major ICT research groups in Europe. Members can take part in all ERCIM activities including research projects, Working Groups and in the ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Programme. Members can also benefit from ERCIM's privileged partnership with standardisation bodies such as W3C and ETSI.
For more information about ERCIM membership, please contact the ERCIM Office