ERCIM Working Group on Programming Language Technologies
by Neil Jones
The constitutory meeting of this brand-new ERCIM Working Group will be held in Pisa, Italy on Saturday, 19 September. This is the same place and just after the cluster of conferences SAS, PLILP, and ALP. All interested ERCIM members are encouraged to attend. If you plan to bring a guest, please contact the workshop organiser (see address below).
Topics to be discussed at the first meeting will include projects, proposals, summer schools, internal mobility and fellows, and future workshops.
We have a high expectation of strong interactions. This is partly due to the fact that we already know many professional colleagues within the ERCIM partners from other contexts. Further, we look forward to new and fruitful contacts in our area, which we feel will become a locus of significant activity within ERCIM.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Compiling and implementation: program analysis, abstract interpretation, program control flow and data flow analysis.
- Model-specific issues concerning: functional, logic, object-oriented, parallel, and distributed programming.
- Program manipulation techniques: program transformation, partial evaluation, program synthesis.
- Programs as data objects: meta programming, incremental computation, correctness of compilers, interpreters, instrumenters, etc.
- Tools, techniques, and representations: program and code representations, proof-carrying code, tools for program manipulation including analysis, prototyping and debugging.
A preliminary WWW page can be found at http://www.diku.dk/users/neil/PL/
Neil Jones - DANIT/DIKU
Tel: +45 35 32 14 10