ERCIM's Participation in European Projects
ERCIM EEIG (European Economic Interest Group) is participating in several European Commission related activities and projects as co-ordinator or associated partner. In these projects several member institutes carry out the research while ERCIM EEIG limits itself to administrative tasks.
ERCIM co-ordinates the research projects:
- Aquarelle, Sharing Cultural Heritage through Multimedia Telematics (http://aqua.inria.fr), partly funded by the Telematics programme. ERCIM members involved: INRIA, CNR, FORTH, CLRC
- ESIMEAU, information technologies for the modelling of water resources in semi-arid zones, partly funded by the International Cooperation programme (INCO-DC) and ESPRIT. ERCIM member involved: INRIA
- MtoM3D Made to measure garments, 2D-3D approach. A project that aims to increase the added value to the apparel products made in the South by facilitating the transition to made-to-measure garments. Partly funded by the INCO-DC programme and ESPRIT. ERCIM member involved: INRIA
- THETIS, a data management and data visualization system for supporting coastal zone management for the Mediterranean sea. Partly funded by the Telematics programme. ERCIM members involved: CNR, INRIA, FORTH.
ERCIM is partner in SIMES, a research project on multimedia information systems for environmental remote sensing in the sub-sahara region, partly funded by the INCO-DC programme and ESPRIT. ERCIM member involved: INRIA.
ERCIM is associated partner in the research projects:
- DiSCiPl: Debugging Systems for Constraint Programming (http://discipl. inria.fr), partly funded by the ESPRIT Long Term Research programme. ERCIM member involved: INRIA.
- CoopWWW, Interoperable Tools for cooperation support using the World Wide Web (http://orgwis.gmd.de /projects/COOPWWW/), partly funded by the Telematics programme. ERCIM members involved: GMD, SISU, CLRC.
ERCIM has been carrying out four studies for the European Commission:
- research networks in the Mediterranean region
- EU-China Industrial Co-operation in High-Performance Computing and Networking (http://www.ercim.eu/HPCN), funded by the European Commission, the Chinese authorities and Chinese and European private companies.
- evaluation of the Tunisian research in information technology (see ERCIM News no. 29)
- identification of centres of excellence in High Performance Computing in southern Mediterranean countries.
ERCIM also co-ordinates three institutional fellowship programmes and two research networks, the ERCIM Database Research Group and the ERCIM Computer Graphics Network, supported by the Human Capital and Mobility programme. Under the Training and Mobility of Researchers programme, ERCIM co-ordinates the European Conferences series in research and advanced technologies for digital libraries (see announcement for the first conference of this series on page 44) and the DELOS ERCIM Digital Library working group, funded by ESPRIT.
Some of these projects will be presented in a future issue of ERCIM News.
Jean-Michel Chassériaux ERCIM Manager
Tel: +33 1 3963 5303