News from the Public Relations Task Group
ERCIM had a major presence at ICT 2008 in Lyon, France, on 25-27 November. This event, organised by the EC Information Society and Media DG, attracted over 4,500 delegates and presented Europe's priorities for ICT research, development and funding.
ERCIM was present on its own booth and on the stands of the European projects Vitalas, EchoGRID/GridCOMP, EuroIndia, and Digital World Forum. 'Networking Sessions' were held for InterLink, EchoGRID and EuroIndia.
The new publication ERCIM Innovation was successfully launched during the ERCIM cocktail reception attended by over 190 people, incl. 30 EC representatives. The magazine is available for download in pdf. Printed copies are being distributed to 9,000 people throughout Europe.
A press release on ERCIM new scope and structure was published on the event's website
ERCIM, together with INRIA Transfert, had a private meeting in Sophia Antipolis with Günter Verheugen, VP of the EC and Commissioner for Enterprise and Industry, during the 'Towards World Class Clusters' event organised by the French Presidency of the European Union on 13-14 November in Sophia Antipolis. Commissioner Verheugen was very interested in our positioning as a 'European network of research' becoming also a 'European network of innovation' and invited us to a working session on innovation to be organised by his DG in Brussels for a small number of selected participants.
New key messages were developed for ERCIM and a new set of slides was produced to complement the current slide presentation. Already shown at a couple of events on the ERCIM stand, it is available under 'Slides' at http://www.ercim.eu/publication/slides.html
As a reminder:
- the 20th anniversary of ERCIM will be held in Paris on Thursday 28 May 2009 afternoon and evening. The BoD meeting will take place on 28 am and 29 am, while Working Groups and Task Groups will be able to meet on 27, 28 am and 29.
- You are all invited to contribute to the ERCIM history document available on the wiki at http://wiki.ercim.eu/ariadne/index.php/ERCIM_history
ERCIM/W3C was present with a booth at:
- ICT 2008 (http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/ict/2008/index_en.htm), Lyon, France, 25-27 November
and will sponsor:
- SOFSEM 2009 (http://www.sofsem.org), Špindlerův Mlýn, Czech Republic, 24-30 January 2009
- ETAPS 2009 (http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/etaps09/), 22-29 March 2009, York, UK
- ECOOP 2009 (http://2009.ecoop.org/), Genova, Italy, July 6-10 July 2009.
To increase the visibility of ERCIM, the member institutes organising big events are encouraged to associate ERCIM to their events.
The Office maintains an internal calendar with all ERCIM-related events (general ERCIM meetings, WG events, sponsored events, etc.) at https://bscw.ercim.eu/bscw/bscw.cgi/336096
accessible from the ERCIM home page "Intranet -> Shared calendar" (BSCW account needed for access).