"Linking Grids and Service-Oriented Architectures"
Dortmund University of Technology, Germany, 7-11 July 2008
Building Grid infrastructures on the principles of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) has become an increasingly important topic during the last years: although a plethora of Grid middleware solutions have been proposed and many value-added systems have been successfully developed and deployed, key issues such as loose coupling, interoperation, and standardized protocols are yet to be addressed.
The CoreGRID Summer School 2008 offers a unique opportunity for young researchers to learn about these mission-critical problems and to network with colleagues from all over Europe. Internationally recognized experts in research and development will give lectures and tutorials on the following areas:
- State of the Art in Research and Development
- Key Issues in Design, Implementation and Deployment of Grid and SOAs
- Assessment and Evaluation of Grids and SOAs
- Security and Management for Resources, Services, and Applications
- Grid and SOA Frameworks, Developer Tools and Frontends
- Industry Impact and Standardization
- Community Approaches to Common Problems.
Additionally, standardization and industry impact will be discussed and a closer look on the state of the art of research as well as on community applications will be taken.
The school is hosted by the Robotics Research Institute at Dortmund University of Technology from 7-11 July and offers a high-quality program and great social events in the light of the vivid culture of the Ruhr Industrial Heritage Area.
The school is organised in the frame of the ERCIM-managed CoreGRID Network of Excellence.
For more information, see: http://www.it.irf.uni-dortmund.de/IT/CoreGRID/index.php