ERCIM Spring Meetings
5-6 Mai 2015
Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
61 Quai de Grenelle 75015 Paris
10:00 - 12:00 Strategy Task Group (+ lunch)
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13.00 - 15:30 Task Groups and Editorial Board
- Science Task Group
- Human Capital
- Editorial Board
16h10: Transfer from Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel to Paris City Hall.
Buses leave at 16:10. Your meeting badge will be required to get on the coaches. Please ask for your badge at the ERCIM Spring meetings registration desk from 09:30 to 15:45 at "Espace Seine" (2nd floor) or before getting on the coaches at the hotel entrance.
You may go to the Paris City Hall on your own and pick up your badge from ERCIM staff at the venue.
Please note: : A cloakroom will be available at the Paris City Hall. Suitcases (except for laptop or small tote bags) will not be allowed inside the building for security reasons.
17:30 - 19:30 W3C Europe@20 Anniversary Event at Paris City Hall
19:30 - 22:30 W3C Europe@20 Anniversary Gala Dinner, Paris City Hall, Salon Arcades
22h30: Transfer from Paris City Hall to Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel by boat.
The boat will leave the Paris City Hall quay at 22:30 sharp (departure quay across the street - stop used by the "Batobus")
ERCIM delegates are cordially invited to the W3C Europe@20 Anniversary Event.
09:00-12:00 AISBL Board meeting
14:00-16:00 EEIG Board Meeting
Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
61 Quai de Grenelle
75015 Paris France
see venue on Google maps
We advise people to book hotel rooms at the Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel as soon as possible. A block booking has been made until 4 April 2015. After that date, the blocked rooms will be released, and neither availability of rooms nor negotiated fares will be guaranteed.
Classic Single room: 165€ per night
Classic Double room: 182.05€ per night
Classic Twin room: 182.05€ per night
Superior Single room: 198.00€ per night
Breakfast and wifi are included.
Please fill in and send the booking form (same as the one for the W3C delegates) directly to the hotel by email or by fax: +220.127.116.11.24.25.
Prepayment for the full stay is required.
Cancellation policy: In case of cancellation or no show, the full stay will be charged.
From Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport
- By Taxi: Fares may vary from 50 to 80€ depending on the traffic (there may be a lot of traffic at rush hours) and the time of the day.
- By Train RER: take the RER B Rail to Saint-Michel Notre Dame. From Saint-Michel Notre Dame take the RER C Rail to Versailles Rive Gauche and stop at Javel station (5 stops). Then walk ten minutes to Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel.
RER B and C Service Frequency: 10-15 minutes, Fare: 11.55€ (RER B: 9.75€), Journey time: approx. 1h20
- By Bus: Take the Roissybus connecting Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport with Paris (Opéra).
Service frequency: 15-30 minutes, Fare: 11€, Journey time: 60 minutes.
From Opéra take the Metro line 8 get off at the sixth stop: La Motte-Picquet-Grenelle. Then take the Metro line 10 and stop at Charles Michels, then walk 10 minutes to Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel. Fare: 1,80€, Journey time: approx. 30 minutes.
More information on transport from Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport
From Orly Airport
- By Taxi: There may be a lot of traffic at rush hours. Fare may vary from 40 to 65€, but price may depend on the traffic and the time of the day.
- By Train and Metro: Take the OrlyVal shuttle connecting the airport terminals with the RER B Rail Antony Station. Then take the RER B Rail going north to Saint-Michel Notre Dame. From Saint-Michel Notre Dame take the Metro line 10, Cluny La Sorbonne Station and stop at Charles Michel (9 stops), exit 1 pl. Charles-Michels Centre Beaugrenelle. Then walk ten minutes to Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel.
RER B Service Frequency: 10 minutes, Fare: 13.85€ (Orlyval + RER), Journey time: approx 1h15.
- By Bus: Take the Orlybus to Denfert-Rochereau
Service frequency: 15 to 20 minutes, Fares: 7.50€, Journey time: 30 minutes
From Denfert-Rochereau, take the Metro line 6 and stop at Bir-Hakeim (9 stops). Then walk ten minutes to Hotel Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel. Fare: 1,70€, Journey time: approx. 25 minutes
More information on transport from Orly Airport
Other Transportation information
Public Transportation: There are 2 Metro stations close to the Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel: Bir Hakeim (line 6) and Charles Michel (line 10):
Taxi, the two major taxi companies are: